Stardust Starburst

Welcome.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Imatation Writing

EXCERT:
   "Memnoch stopped. He seemed exhausted suddenly. He rose and again walked to the bank of the sea. He stood in the soft sand and pebbles. I saw the outline of his wings flash for a moment, perhaps exactly the way the woman had seen it, and then he was merely the large figure, with his shoulders hunched as he stood with his back to me, his face apparently buried in his hands.
   "Memnoch, what happened!" I said. "Surely God didnt leave you there! What did you do? What happened the next morning when you woke up?"
  He gave a sigh and turned around finally. He walked slowly back to the boulder, and sat down again.
  "By morning, I Had known her a half dozen times and lay half dead, and that in itself was another lesson. But I had no thought whatsoever on what I might do. While she'd slept, I had prayed to God, I had prayed to Michael and to the other angels. I had prayed and prayed, asking what I should do."
"Can you guess who answered me?" He asked.
"The souls in Sheol," I said.
"Yes, precisely! Those are the spirits who answered. How could you know? Those are the spirits--the strongest souls of Sheol who heard My prayers to the Creator and heard the impectus and essence of my cries and my excuses and my pleas for mercy and forgiveness and understanding--heard all of it, absorbed it, drank it up, as they did the spirital yearning of their human and living children. And by the time the sun rose, by the time all the men of the group had started to gather, I knew only one thing:"
  "Whatever happened to me, whatever was the will of God, the souls of SHeol would never be the same! They had learnt too much from the voice of this angel fallen into Matter who had thoughtlessly cried to Heaven and to God"

IMATATION:

Westin froze in place, seeming extremely exhausted all of a sudden He rose to his tired swollen feet and walked to the crystal blue sea. There he stood toes wiggling in the sand as the shadow of his silloent casted down onto the sandy pebbles. He sighed, letting his shoulders fall, and glanced over his should motioning for me to come join him.
"What happened? That cant be all of what had be done!" I asked. "Surely your father couldnt have done just that!?"
He inhaled deeply before he spoke. "My father was a man of morals and always had been really relgious. So when I came out to my mother and father about being gay. He shuned me."
"He kicked me out and I started to live with my lover at the time. I would just lay in the bed and cry, my father wanted nothing to do with me anymore. I just layed there, day after day and cried."
"I finally gave up and went to his house. I needed his forgiveness."
He paused to gage my reaction.
"Upon reaching the house I pressed my finger on the doorbell, and well guess who answered?"
"Your grandfather?!"
"Yes, exactly. After having confessed everything to him, he cared even more for me. And he now knkew the hardships my father was putting me through."

No comments:

Post a Comment